This is the London Pass
The London Pass is the most comprehensive sightseeing pass for the British capital. No other City Pass offers so many free attractions. These include not only most of London's sights, but also sightseeing tours by bus, city tours and a boat trip. Around 70 tourist services are free with the London Pass.
A small selection of the top attractions:
- The View from the Shard
- Tower of London
- London Tower Bridge Exhibition
- St Paul's Cathedral
- Westminster Abbey
- Kensington Palace
- Hop-on/hop-off bus
- Wembley Stadium (and other stadiums)
Flexible validity: Decide how long you want your London Pass to be valid for when you buy it. The product is offered with a flexible validity period of one to ten days. These are consecutive calendar days. The longer the London Pass is valid, the more sights you can visit.
Convenient use on the phone: After purchase, you will receive the London Pass by email. You can either print it out or save it on your mobile phone. To do this, use the free London Pass app. In the app you will find information on all participating attractions. To use the London Pass, simply show your phone at the attractions.
Public transport: If you want to use public transport in London, you can also order a Travelcard when you buy your London Pass. However, this cannot be used with your mobile phone. The Travelcard will be sent to your home by post before you travel.
Price for persons aged 16 and over:
- 84 (1 day)
- 109 (2 days)
- 119 (3 days)
- 134 (4 days)
- 149 (5 days)
- 159 (6 days)
- 169 (7 days)
- 184 (10 days)
The longer the London Pass is valid, the better the value for money.
Easter offer: 10% discount with the discount code SPRING23LDN
These are the current discounts for the London Pass. Every week there is a special promotion. Therefore, prices may vary slightly from week to week.
London Pass: What's included?
The London Pass includes around 70 sights in London. These can be visited free of charge with the London Pass. These include the most famous sights and museums, but also a city tour with the hop-on/hop-off bus, guided city walks and a boat trip on the Thames.
In the table below you will find some of the most popular attractions that you can visit with the London Pass without having to buy additional tickets:
|Attraction||Price without London Pass|
|The View from the Shard||£32.00|
|Tower of London incl. guided tour||£29.90|
|St Paul's Cathedral||£20.50|
|1 day hop-on/hop-off bus*||£32.00|
|Boat trip on the Thames||£21.20|
|Top Sights Walking Tour||£47.00|
*You can choose between Big Bus and Golden Bus Tours.
The prices in the table refer to the high season. Some attractions are slightly cheaper in winter.
In addition, the London Pass offers many other sights and tourist attractions. The following services should also be of interest to many visitors:
- Royal Albert Hall incl. guide
- Hampton Court Palace
- Kew Royal Botanic Gardens
- Queen's Gallery at Buckingham Palace
- London Tower Bridge Exhibition
- Royal Observatory Greenwich
- London Zoo
- Wellington Arch
- Palaces & Parliament Walking Tour
- Guided Cycling Tour of London
You can find a complete list of all sights on LondonPass.com. You can also download the London Pass app to get an overview of all services and attractions.
These attractions are missing
The London Pass is the most comprehensive sightseeing pass, yet it is missing some attractions that may be of interest to visitors. The following attractions cannot be visited with the London Pass:
- Madame Tussauds
- London Dungeon
- London Eye
- HMS Belfast
In addition, the London Pass does not give you priority entry.
Reservations with the London Pass
Please note that pre-booking is required for some services. This applies in particular to all guided tours and The Shard.
The Shard: There is only a limited allocation available for The View from the Shard. Once you have purchased your London Pass, you should reserve your time slot. The reservation is made online via a special link with a voucher code.
Guided tours: For all guided city tours, the bike tour and some other attractions, you also need to book your participation in advance. Reservations can be made online, by email or by phone. We recommend that you book a few days in advance.
You can find out how to book your participation on the LondonPass.com reservation page.
Public transport with the London Pass
The London Pass does not entitle you to free use of public transport. However, you can book an additional Visitor Oyster Card on LondonPass.com.
With the Visitor Oyster Card you can use all public transport in London.
The Visitor Oyster Card applies to the following means of transport:
- London Underground
- Public buses
- Local trains
- Docklands Light Railway (DLR)
- River Boats (River Taxis)
Basically, each journey is paid for individually. However, the Visitor Oyster Card is loaded with credit that should be enough for your trip to London if you travel in the city centre (zones 1 + 2).
The longer your London Pass is valid, the more credit the Oyster Card contains:
- 1 day - £10 credit
- 2 days - £15 credit
- 3 days - £25 credit
- 4 days - £40 credit
- 5 days - £50 credit
- 6 days - £50 credit
- 7 days - £50 credit
- 10 days - £50 credit
At the time of purchase you will pay for the credit and a £5.00 activation fee.
A portion of the credit is deducted for each trip. However, there is a daily limit, which is usually reached after the third trip. Further journeys on the same day are not charged.
Delivery by post: You will receive the Visitor Oyster Card by post before your trip. You can only order the Travelcard if you buy the London Pass at least 15 days before your trip.
You should expect a delivery time of 15 days (standard worldwide shipping). Shipping costs are £7.95. Within the UK, shipping takes six days and costs £2.95 (standard UK shipping).
What we like about the London Pass
There are many arguments in favour of the London Pass. That's why we like this pass:
- The London Pass gives you free entry to many London attractions. These include the main sights of the city.
- The London Pass also gives you free travel on the hop-on/hop-off bus and boat on the Thames. You can also take part in guided city walks and a guided bike tour.
- If you want to use public transport, you can book a Visitor Oyster Card with your London Pass. The card will be sent to you by post.
- The validity period of the pass is flexible. Choose a London Pass with a validity of 1 to 10 days. This makes the pass suitable for both a short and a longer stay in London.
- Simply download the digital London Pass to your mobile phone and scan the QR code at participating attractions. The London Pass app also contains useful information on all attractions and tourist services.
- The price-performance ratio is very good: if you visit a lot, the London Pass pays for itself quickly. The more services you use, the more you save.
- Overall, the London Pass is a very practical product. Everything is paid for with a single booking. You don't need any other tickets or passes. Just download the pass to your mobile phone and off you go.
What we don't like about the London Pass
Although the London Pass is a very good product, there are also some disadvantages that we would like to point out. We do not like the following aspects:
- The London Pass does not offer priority access to attractions. You will need to queue at the box office to collect your free ticket.
- The number of tickets for The Shard is limited. Timely reservation is required to visit the observation deck.
- For some tours you have to make a reservation yourself.
- You can only get the Visitor Oyster Card if you buy your London Pass in time.
- Some attractions are not included in the London Pass: e.g. Madame Tussauds, London Dungeon and London Eye.
- The period of validity is given in calendar days. It is therefore advisable to start the visit in the morning to make full use of the time available.
Our opinion: Is the London Pass worth it?
We believe that the London Pass will be worthwhile for many visitors. The choice of attractions is very good and those who book the pass in good time can also use public transport.
With a validity of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 10 days, the pass is very flexible. Another advantage is that you don't have to pick up the London Pass, but can use it with your phone.
One disadvantage is that you have to take care of some reservations yourself. In addition, you don't have priority admission and have to expect waiting times in high season.
The London Pass
We think the London Pass is worth the money as most of the sights in London are very expensive. With the London Pass you can save money.
Tip: The longer the London Pass is valid, the better the value for money.
London Pass FAQ
Finally, we answer the most frequently asked questions about the London Pass.
Where can I buy the London Pass?
You can buy the London Pass on the official website: LondonPass.com. You can also buy the pass from ticket providers such as GetYourGuide or Tiqets.
How does the London Pass work?
Buy the London Pass online and download it directly to your phone. As soon as you visit the first attraction, your pass will be activated. After that, the London Pass is valid for one to ten days.
During this time you can use around 70 attractions free of charge.
Does the London Pass give priority entry?
No, unfortunately the London Pass does not grant priority entry. You must collect your free ticket from the ticket office of the relevant attraction.
Can I use public transport?
The London Pass itself does not entitle you to free public transport. However, if you buy the London Pass at least two weeks before your trip, you can book a Visitor Oyster Card with it. This card will be sent to you by post. With this card you can use all public transport in London.
Can I cancel the purchase free of charge?
Yes, you can cancel your booking free of charge within 90 days of purchase without giving any reason. To do so, contact Go City customer service. Your London Pass must not have been activated at this time.
How do I reach the customer service?
The best way to contact Go City customer service is via the Contact form. There you will also find the telephone numbers.