This is the Big City Saver Pass
The Big City Saver Pass is a product of Merlin Entertainments. It is actually several combined tickets. The product can contain 2, 3 or 5 attractions.
What makes it special is that these attractions are not included in any other London City Pass.
You can choose from the following offers:
- Madame Tussauds
- London Eye
- London Dungeon
- SEA LIFE London
- Shrek's Adventure
- Hop-on Hop-off Bus (Big Bus)
Flexible number of attractions: Decide how many and which attractions you want to visit when you buy. With Big City Saver you can visit 2, 3 or 5 of the above attractions. The more attractions you visit, the better the value for money.
Long validity: Time is not a limiting factor. You have 90 days from your first visit to visit the remaining attractions. You can make an appointment for each visit, which you can change again if you wish.
Convenient use on the phone: After purchase, you will receive all tickets by email. You can either print out the tickets or save them on your mobile phone. Each person in your tour group will receive their own barcode.
Price for persons aged 16 and over:
- 50 (2 attractions) = £25.00 per attraction
- 70 (3 attractions) = £23.33 per attraction
- 100 (5 attractions) = £20.00 per attraction
The more attractions you want to visit, the cheaper the Big City Saver Pass per attraction.
Children between the ages of 3 and 15 receive a reduced ticket. Children under 3 years of age enjoy free admission to all attractions.
Big City Saver Pass: Attractions
In the table below you will find all the attractions you can visit with the London Saver Pass without having to buy additional tickets:
|Madame Tussauds||£33.00 - £37.00|
|London Eye||£25.50 - £35.00|
|London Dungeon||£29.50 - £33.00|
|SEA LIFE London||£24.50 - £28.00|
|Shrek's Adventure||£24.00 - £30.00|
|Hop-on/hop-off bus||£40.50 - £45.00|
The entrance fees for all attractions depend on the day of the visit and the day of booking. The earlier you book a ticket, the cheaper it is.
With a Big City Saver Pass, you don't have to worry about entrance fees as you always pay the same price. Nevertheless, you should buy the product in time to be able to visit all attractions on your desired date.
These attractions are missing
As you can only choose from six attractions with the Big City Saver Pass, many of London's top sights are missing. The following attractions are not included:
- The Shard
- Tower of London
- Kensington Palace
- Westminster Abbey
- St Paul's Cathedral
Should you be interested in these and other sights, we recommend the London Pass.
Reservations with the London Saver Pass
Please note that pre-registration is required for all attractions. When purchasing a pass, you only need to enter the date and time to visit the first attraction. Once you have completed your purchase, you will receive instructions on how to book the remaining attractions via the online booking portal.
Attention: The first attraction is always the attraction that is mentioned first in the product name. For the product "London Eye + Madame Tussauds", the London Eye is the attraction you should visit first. If necessary, you can change the order later.
Big Bus tours do not need to be pre-booked. If you have purchased a pass from Big City Saver, you will receive an additional email with your Big Bus ticket. This ticket can simply be redeemed at any of the bus stops to gain access to the Big Bus tour all day.
Should you wish to change your ticket details, all you need to do is access the online booking portal, details of which can be found on your e-ticket. You can change the date of an attraction up to 5 times within 90 days from the date of your first visit to the attraction. However, please note that pre-booking is essential to guarantee your visit to the attractions.
What we like about the London Saver Pass
There are some arguments in favour of this product. That is why we like the Big City Saver Pass:
- Big City Saver Pass includes exclusive attractions not included in any other London City Pass. This mainly concerns Madame Tussauds, London Eye and London Dungeon.
- This pass is family-friendly. All attractions are also exciting for children.
- The number of attractions you can visit is flexible. Decide for yourself whether you want to visit 2, 3 or 5 attractions with the Big City Saver Pass.
- The London Saver Pass is valid for 90 days from first use.
- You will receive all tickets by e-mail. So you can save the tickets on your mobile phone or print them out. That is very practical.
- You can make an appointment for each attraction that suits you best. If your plans change, you can change each appointment up to five times.
- The value for money is good: the attractions are all quite expensive. With the Big City Saver Pass you can save a lot of money. The more attractions you visit, the more you save.
What we don't like about the Big City Saver Pass
Although the Big City Saver Pass is a good product, there are also some disadvantages that we would like to point out. We do not like the following aspects:
- The choice of attractions is attractive but limited. London has much more to offer and other London Passes offer a wider range of services.
- You cannot buy any combination of tickets, but have to choose from the predefined combination tickets. However, there are almost 20 combinations to choose from.
- The quality of attractions is not consistently high. Some attractions are more popular (for example London Eye, Madame Tussauds), while other attractions are less popular.
- The London Saver Pass does not offer priority access to the sights. Despite time slot tickets, waiting times must be expected.
- In high season, it is advisable to buy the pass in good time to get the dates you want for all the attractions.
- Public transport cannot be used with the Big City Saver Pass.
Our assessment: Is the pass worth it?
We think the London Big City Saver Pass is suitable for visitors who are interested in Merlin Entertainments attractions. The most popular attractions are the London Eye and Madame Tussauds, which are not included in any other London City Pass.
With a validity of 90 days, time is not an issue. Another advantage is that you can use the London Big City Saver Pass on your phone. You receive all tickets conveniently by email and can select all dates for visiting the attractions online and change them several times if necessary.
One disadvantage is that there are only a few attractions to choose from. Other London Passes have a much wider range of attractions. In addition, not all attractions are equally attractive.
London Big City Saver Pass
This product is worthwhile for travellers interested in the London Eye, Madame Tussauds and other attractions from Merlin Entertainments.
Where can I buy the pass?
The digital product is available on the official website BigCitySaver.com. In addition, the pass is also available from some ticket providers:
With all providers you get the Big City Saver Pass directly to your mobile phone.
The most convenient way is to buy via BigCitySaver.com. There you can get the product directly from Merlin Entertainments. You can print out a barcode for each attraction or save it on your mobile phone.
FAQ about the Big City Saver Pass
Finally, we answer the most frequently asked questions about the London Big City Saver Pass.
Where can I buy the Big City Saver Pass?
You can buy the Big City Saver Pass on the official website: BigCitySaver.com The pass is also available from ticket providers such as GetYourGuide.
How does the Big City Saver Pass work?
Decide which attractions you want to visit when you buy: London Eye, Madame Tussauds, London Dungeon, SEA LIFE London, Shrek's Adventure or a city tour with Big Bus. You can choose between different combination tickets.
First choose a date for the first attraction. Then you can book all further dates online. The Big City Saver Pass is valid for 90 days from your first visit. During this time you can visit all selected attractions.
You will receive all tickets by e-mail. Save the tickets on your mobile phone or print them out.
Does the Big City Saver Pass grant preferential entry?
The Big City Saver Pass gets you to attractions faster than without a ticket. You get a fixed time slot for each visit. Nevertheless, you have to expect waiting times. If the queue is too long, inform the staff about your time slot.
Can I change a time slot?
Yes, you can change your appointment up to five times for each attraction. All dates must be within a 90-day period from the first date.
Can I use public transport?
No, the Big City Saver Pass is not valid for public transport. If you want to use the London Underground and other public transport, we recommend the London Pass.
Can I cancel the purchase free of charge?
No, cancellation is not possible. However, you can reschedule all dates within 90 days. Only if you have purchased the Big City Saver Pass from GetYourGuide, you can cancel the purchase free of charge.
How do I reach the customer service?
The best way to reach Merlin Entertainments's customer service is via the live chat on BigCitySaver.com.